Jamaica Gleaner
Published: Monday | February 4, 2013
Home : Entertainment
Justin Timberlake does first concert in five years ... was joined on stage by Jay-Z
 

Justin timberlake was joined on stage by Jay-Z at his first concert in five years. The 32-year-old singer performed his new hit Suit & Tie with the rapper, as well as other new material including Pusher Love Girl and That Girl from his upcoming third album at a pre-Super Bowl charity event in New Orleans last Saturday night.

A source told MailOnline.com that the six-time Grammy Award winner's new material from The 20/20 Experience, which will be released next month, was well received by the star-studded invite-only audience, which included Paul McCartney and his third wife, Nancy Shevell, Twilight Saga star Peter Facinelli, Modern Family actress Sofia Vergara, Nashville star Hayden Panettiere and David Arquette.

The Like I Love You singer will take the stage again on February 10 when he performs at the 2013 Grammy Awards and will perform his first official comeback concert at the Hollywood Palladium later that night, tickets for which sold out in a matter of minutes.

The Friends with Benefits actor - who married his girlfriend of four years, Jessica Biel in Italy in October - enjoyed his first performance, which helped to benefit the Shriners Hospitals For Children and was hosted by cable company DirectTV at the DTV Superfan Stadium.

Meanwhile, Jay-Z performed another collaboration with his wife Beyonce, 31, (yesterday), who also provided the entertainment at the Super Bowl XLVII halftime show.

She recently revealed her secret to remaining composed, saying: "When I get nervous or I don't have everything together, I like to make love to my husband."

Frank Ocean will not press charges against Chris Brown

Frank Ocean has decided not to press criminal charges against Chris Brown after their fight outside a recording studio last week Sunday.

The Pyramids singer was allegedly punched by the 23-year-old Turn Up The Music hitmaker, who accused Ocean of blocking his car from leaving Westlake Recording Studios in Los Angeles, but he has now decided to forgive Brown.

In a new post on his official blog, the 25-year-old rapper wrote: "As a child, I thought if someone jumped me, it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man. But as a man, I am not a killer. I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit difficult, is wisdom. Peace, albeit trite, is what I want in my short life. Peace."

Brown fled the scene straight after the apparent incident, while Ocean stayed to speak to officers who arrived at the scene and was said to be eager to pursue criminal charges.

The Sweet Life hitmaker took to Twitter shortly after the brawl to say he was "jumped" by Chris and claimed his hand injury may affect his live performance at the Grammy Awards on February 10.

Brown is still on probation for beating up his on/off girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and any new charge could affect this.

In other news, Chris Brown has been caught speeding by police.

The singer was pulled over and issued a ticket after being spotted driving his black Porsche above the speed limit in Beverly Hills last Friday.

A law enforcement source told gossip website TMZ.com that the 23-year-old R&B star was pulled over for going 60mph in a 35mph zone and given a ticket, but was then allowed to go on his way.

Brown's latest brush with the law comes just days after Rihanna finally confirmed they are back together despite their previous issues because she realised he makes her happy.

She said: "I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn't going to let anybody's opinion get in the way of that. Even if it's a mistake, it's my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I'd rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it."

The 24-year-old beauty insists she and Chris are stronger than ever because they now know what's important to them.

Bobbi Houston wants boycott of grandma's book

WHITNEY HOUSTON'S only daughter, Bobbi Kristina, 19, has revealed that she and her boyfriend, Nick Gordon, who was also raised by the star, don't support her grandmother Cissy Houston's new tell-all, Remembering Whitney, and believe it is "disrespectful".

Writing on her Twitter page, Bobbi said: "Anything concerning my grandmother's book, I and @nickgordon of course personally have nothing to do with.

"I haven't read and won't ... I find it to be disrespectful to my mother and me being her daughter won't tolerate it."

Whitney's mother, 79, claims her life was "shattered" after the superstar was found dead in the bathtub of her hotel room last February.

Missing whitney

In an extract from the book, she said: "That was the moment my life shattered. I don't know what I did or said after that. I was told later that I screamed so loudly that the whole building must have heard me, but my mind was absolute blank, except for one thought - that my baby had gone.

"Even now, nearly a year later, I sometimes just ache, wishing I could hug my Nippy one last time. I never ever thought she would go before me. The first days after the news blurred into a terrible haze. I would fall into a fitful sleep and wake up and realise an hour or two later that my greatest nightmare was real."

Cissy appeared on 'Oprah's Next Chapter' earlier this week to promote the book and admitted her relationship with Bobbi is strained at the moment because she didn't want her to write the book.

 

Home | Lead Stories | News | Business | Sports | Commentary | Letters | Entertainment | Flair | Social |